View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 18:50   #24
Ryan WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnut 45/454 View Post
OP are you talking of Commercial store or Private homes? If your talking private home and the owner has a no guns sign - I'd have no buisness to ever go into or on that property! Even if it was family or a friends home! Commercial property open to anyone and as you said sign has ZERO legal meaning while carring if I absolutely needed to spend my money there I would just go in an would give two craps about there sign! But on the other hand if I could spend my money somewhere else thats what I'd do!
I've never seen a residence with a no gun sign...unless you count the one on this video:

On a serious note, I was referring to businesses. Personally I'm not going to change where I go just because of a sign that means nothing anyway. And I most certainly will still carry, my safety is more important than some corporate policy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourthPointOfContact View Post
Can you imagine the _____storm that would erupt if someone put up a "No Democrats or Liberals" sign on their store's door?
I would...if I had a business. Knowing its just as enforceable as a no guns sign, I can ask them to leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXaxiom View Post
He already asked you not to come in. now you think its OK unless he asks you to leave.
Do you understand RESPECT?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryobi View Post
Depends on whether I'm in the mood to conduct myself as an adult who can read, or as a societal reject who chooses to ignore, or pretends to be ignorant of, the basic rules of gentlemanly conduct.
Nobody said anything. It's just a sign, most likely up due to some corporate policy. If local management has a problem they are free to say something, but they won't, because its concealed. They don't see it, they don't hear it. But if there is a robbery that goes bad, my bet is the manager would be glad I ignored the sign after I save his life. Am I going to give corporate america the same consideration I'd give to an individual? What have they done to earn such respect? Nothing in my book.

Last edited by Ryan WA; 05-08-2013 at 19:15..