Thread: 380 Pros & Cons
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 22:56   #16
Tiro Fijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fg17 View Post
...Lets face it the odds of using your gun in self defense are slim. A lot of people live in a fantasy world and if they want to carry a big gun, 3 mags, rifle or shot gun in the trunk, vest and a trauma kit more power them. Lets be honest car accidents, cancer and heart disease are the real killers, but that's not as much fun to think about. Not to say a person should not be prepared and every ones situation is different. As a lifelong martial artist self defense is always on my mind but I try to keep things in perspective.

I think that in all honesty you are saying these things to convince yourself and not others. I agree about the rifle, shotgun, vest, etc. for the common layman, however spare mags are always a plus just as is a reserve parachute for a parachutist. He may never need it, but no one sane would jump without one.

The bottom line is that almost everyone who carries a .380 does so for convenience and to be frank that is the worst reason to carry a CCW. CCW's are meant to save life which entails far more than just convenience. Just my 2 cents. Good luck.
Tiro Fijo is offline   Reply With Quote