Thread: Bows and Arrows
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 20:20   #22
OMDonald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp View Post
lol

Touchy much?

Cliches and catchy phrases? What? It's as simple as that. Everything that goes in a BOB comes at the opportunity cost of whatever else you could use that space and weight for. Or are you contesting that fact?
LOL touché

Okay. Personal, real world experience:

I've carried different bows in varieties of terrain in North America, South America, Europe, Africa, and Australia without sacrificing any necessities. I didn't just survive. I thrived during multi-day excursions on foot in areas far from convenience stores, gas stations, restaurants, and houses. I've gone alone and with small groups.

During these trips I always carry what is needed. I have three packs ready to go at my current location that will carry me for 2-3 weeks. The only two things I will decide before leaving is whether additional food should be added to make it 45-90 days and which "specialty" items to toss in, carry, or strap to the pack, such as fly rod, climbing gear, camera, or BOW. Those items remain ready as well.

Maybe you just need a bigger better bag, a stronger body, and more knowledge. Oh, forget that last one since you are a "professor of physics".

Last edited by OMDonald; 04-30-2013 at 20:27..
OMDonald is offline   Reply With Quote