View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 14:40   #16
nursetim

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit1069 View Post
Isn't Illinois under federal court order to pass a CCW law before a certain deadline, to conform with the US Constitution?

If a law isn't passed by the IL legislature and signed into law won't CCW automatically become valid in the state?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakestir View Post
Jun 9 is the deadline. If nothing is done then constitutional carry will be in affect. The only problem is some jack wagon in cook county said they will ignore the court order.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
I don't think we can have it both ways. We have a few sheriffs declaring they will not enforce federal laws, if passed, and we cheer for freedom and states rights. When a state says the same thing, but on the other side of the fence, we get all butthurt about it.

I would love to be able to carry where ever I went. But states should be allowed to set their rules without federal interference. I'm for the people of the state getting fed up with the shenanigans of their politicians and voting them out in favor of those that support freedom. I am not for the feds strong arming a state to do something.