View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 16:54   #65
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarCry View Post
The Supreme Court has said it's okay.

If they get a call of a suspicious person, and I match the description, police can stop me and question me. That's proven law.

As to your other question about being put on the hood of a car, if I don't follow the officer's instructions, act belligerent, etc, you're damn right they can do that.

Most cops - and most rational people - won't get to that extreme. Most cops are going to know that a guy walking down the street is likely just a guy walking down the street. And the guy walking down the street generally isn't going to become a blithering idiot like the guy in this video.

Now, you take that circumstance, and put a gun in an operational-ready position and it changes the whole game.

Earlier I stated that I've seen your posts and believed you to be smarter than you were demonstrating. You're doing a good job of showing me that I may have been wrong in that sentiment.
Case law?

What case law supports a stop and frisk unless an officer witnesses suspicious behavior?

Just walking down the street. Some old lady calls because she doesn't recognize him. Officer arrives. Still just walking.

What case law says he can be detained and put on the hood of a car if he declines to stop and answer questions?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 04-16-2013 at 16:59..
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote