Thread: I'm struggling
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 00:54   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. VR View Post
I think you just described me and my dad. We seem to be taking things in turns. See, though, that's another thing, I've always been a "daddy's" girl, and it absolutely destroys me to see him sad/hurt/upset, etc. my parents have been married for 55 years. That is just mind boggling these days. How do you go on without your partner after more than half a century? I'm note seeing any end to this tunnel of hell we seem to in. Maybe it's like some warped NASCAR track and we are just going to spin in circles indefinitely.

The rational part of my brain knows time heals all wounds. The rest of my brain is, apparently, having my aforementioned breakdown tonight. That's not necessarily a bad thing, I know.
I read this and I understand what you're going through. Like your parents, my mom and dad have been married for 55 years.

My dad has cancer and it keeps coming back, but they are running out of treatments for him. My mom may have an autoimmune disorder and has some strange results w/her blood work - hopefully we find out what's wrong w/her.

My mom is worried about my dad. My dad is worried about my mom. I'm worried about them both. It's hard watching them go through all of this and feeling helpless. I know I'm doing everything I can for them, but in my heart I feel it's not enough.

Living with them and going through this is tough. I used to be stoic in front of them, but it takes a lot of energy hide those emotions. As this goes on, my emotions seem to be closer to the surface, than I'd like, but... crying in the shower gets things out for a while.

I feel for you, and I don't know how to put what I want to say into words. I'd give you a hug if I could.

Matt

Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think.

Last edited by 427; 04-14-2013 at 01:02..
427 is offline   Reply With Quote