Thread: Missouri
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 10:47   #22
LEOson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlbrian View Post
In a word "Empty" Stock is pretty light.

Top Gun in Arnold has 1/2 empty cases, no target handgun ammo to take ( they have some to sell you if you are shooting in their range). They do have some self defense ammo, but the pickings are slim. Denny Dennis had a pretty decent selection of ammo when I was there ( they actually had .38 target ammo....), but maybe 10 handguns in their case. Cabela's did not have a single pistol round, self defense or target, in stock when I was there 2 weeks ago,but had a pretty good selection of handguns. Mid America arms is hit or miss on ammo, but has a much better selection of handguns.

Most places around here have not been raising their prices on handguns. When I have seen Glocks they have been high 500 low 600 range which has been pretty typical for retail around here.

Gun shows around here are basically a joke. 20-25 per 50 for 9mm is the norm, which is a travesty. I saw .40 for as high as 35 per 50 recently, and laughed at the guy. Most of the guns at the shows are equally overpriced, but every once in a while you can find someone who is willing to deal. My buddy picked up a used gen 4 g21 with all 3 magazines for 475, the guy had it marked at 599.....

I have had better luck finding ammo online, at sites like gunbot, or ammoseek. Waiting for the craze to pass before I think about another new pistol......
Cabela's is really hit or miss with their ammo. I snagged some PMC 40 this morning. It's all about timing. Found 100 rounds of Winchester white box 40 at bass pro two or three weeks ago for 35

Last edited by LEOson; 04-11-2013 at 10:48..
LEOson is offline   Reply With Quote