View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 16:38   #1
gemeinschaft
AKA Fluffy316

Send a message via AIM to gemeinschaft Send a message via Yahoo to gemeinschaft Send a message via Skype™ to gemeinschaft
Prayers needed for my son

UPDATE (20 April 2013) - The biopsy yesterday indicated that Caleb does not, in fact, have cancer. This is a severe bone infection called Osteomyelitis.

This means that we will be getting IV Antibiotic infusion therapy, multiple surgeries and a whole lot of physical therapy. It is not known yet if limb saving surgery is possible, but that is certainly the goal.

I greatly appreciate all of your continued prayers and encouragement. The next few months are going to be very challenging and we are definitely not out of the woods just yet, but things are looking up.

You can follow the latest updates by subscribing to the site that I have set up for Caleb http://www.mysoncaleb.com

"Your son has cancer" the doctor said...

I was numb... My 13 year old son was staring at me with horror on his face and I saw the fear growing in his eyes. I had to hold my emotions and calmly tell him that everything is going to be okay.

After my son left the office to wait outside, the doctor gave me the unsweetened truth that he has an agressive tumor that is potentially fatal.

I am heartbroken. Every time I sit down with nothing else on my mind, I am brought to tears.

Please pray for my son.

I spent time with God last night and prayed that his will be done. If it is not in his will for my son to live, I pray that I have the peace to accept it.

I am humbled to think that God loved us so much that he sent his son to die on the cross for us, I can't say that I could give my son for anyone.

I'd gladly take my son's place right now. Many of you have grown to be my friends over the years and I appreciate your prayers and support.

My son's name is Caleb and he is 13 years old.

We will be getting treatment at M.D. Anderson here in Houston.

Last edited by gemeinschaft; 04-20-2013 at 11:41.. Reason: Update on Diagnosis
gemeinschaft is offline   Reply With Quote