View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 09:43   #77
Stevekozak
Returning video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolster View Post
You say that's not your argument, then you enlarge and elaborate on that same argument below. I think you're unclear on what you're arguing.

It would be a gross oversimplification to say I'm making an argument that Obama = Hitler. There are both striking similarities between the two men (in type of talent, lack of experience, ideological fervor, and technique), and also vast differences (in goals, personal history, racial preferences, and so on). History doesn't repeat, it merely rhymes.

This is the most amusing part of your post, the amount of gullible faith you place in legislators to 'play by the rules.' One of Obama's great legacies is the amount of erosion he's caused to the American system, and how many ways he's found to ignore the law, to get around checks and balances. Now he's earnestly working toward creating an America with a single party (his, and perhaps yours), and a powerful, intrusive, controlling government.

That's an ironic comment, because that's precisely how I perceive your arguments: pure emotion.
Good post!! I am not sure about your very last point (ie AK being emotional) but everything else is spot on in my estimation!

P.S. I am glad to see you posting more here again. You used to have some thought provoking threads. I, for one, am curious about how your solar oven progression has come along, but that is for a different thread, I reckon.