View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 14:58   #882
SouthernBoyVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
Yes, if we knew where the attack would happen, we could avoid that area and thereby avoid the attack. You would think you would be safe in your own home with multiple locks engaged...I found out several years ago that is not the case. I choose to carry C1 because I never know how much time I would have to chamber a round, if one arm is disabled and unable to be used to chamber the round, etc... I am always aware of my surroundings since the attack on me, but that doesn't mean I am always free from being attacked again. I will NOT be a victim again (God willing). I wish I had a gun then, but I was naive and didn't believe anything like that would ever happen to me. If I had been armed and trained as I am now, I wouldn't have to deal with parole hearings every 3 years.
Bless you.

I know I have said over and over that in my opinion, how one carries, what they carry, or even if they don't wish to carry is entirely up to them... their choice, plain and simple. And I faithfully adhere to that. However, when people create a thread with the explicit purpose of hearing ideas, comments, and opinions from others on a topic, they should be prepared for just that. The folks who respond should also be prepared for a variety responses to not only the OP's post but their's as well.

The problem I do have is this. The lack of civility that almost inevitably evolves on threads where there are hard held beliefs being challenged. Some people, for the life of them, just cannot seem to discuss something in an intelligent, rational, and civil manner. Another thing is almost certain introduction of responses by some people who believe themselves to be the be-all end-all to any related subject in the gun culture world. The self-perceived gurus, if you will. So it is hard to maintain one's composure at times when faced with this sort of onslaught when it should be an adult discussion.

Now I just veered a bit from your post but I think with good reason. This thread has gone on for a lot of postings and pages and for such a simple topic. Guess that only confirms the visceral reactions of some of the responses and that opinions on this subject are deeply entrenched.