View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 06:11   #876
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit1069 View Post
When you drive do you do so in the same way no matter what the road conditions? Do you keep your speed at 70 mph on the Interstate even during an ice storm because the law posts the speed limit at that rate? Or do you vary your driving depending upon the specific conditions?

The driving metaphor is applicable to CCW methods where one determines the conditions prevalent at any given time. In my case it's usually C3 but at times it's C1. If one varies one's vehicular speed according to conditions there's no reason to expect him/her to hold his/her CCW method no matter what the condition, as both firearms and vehicles are potentially deadly machines that can and do get beyond one's control.
I only have one issue with this approach. If you train in both C1 and C3, then you might be causing your muscle memory conflict if/when you need your firearm for SD. I have done all my training in C1, that way when SHTF and I need it, my muscle memory already knows what is needed. Your mind isn't going to be able to function like you want it to as the adrenaline is going to be in overflow.

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!