Thread: Missouri
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 13:06   #5
Stlbrian

In a word "Empty" Stock is pretty light.

Top Gun in Arnold has 1/2 empty cases, no target handgun ammo to take ( they have some to sell you if you are shooting in their range). They do have some self defense ammo, but the pickings are slim. Denny Dennis had a pretty decent selection of ammo when I was there ( they actually had .38 target ammo....), but maybe 10 handguns in their case. Cabela's did not have a single pistol round, self defense or target, in stock when I was there 2 weeks ago,but had a pretty good selection of handguns. Mid America arms is hit or miss on ammo, but has a much better selection of handguns.

Most places around here have not been raising their prices on handguns. When I have seen Glocks they have been high 500 low 600 range which has been pretty typical for retail around here.

Gun shows around here are basically a joke. 20-25 per 50 for 9mm is the norm, which is a travesty. I saw .40 for as high as 35 per 50 recently, and laughed at the guy. Most of the guns at the shows are equally overpriced, but every once in a while you can find someone who is willing to deal. My buddy picked up a used gen 4 g21 with all 3 magazines for 475, the guy had it marked at 599.....

I have had better luck finding ammo online, at sites like gunbot, or ammoseek. Waiting for the craze to pass before I think about another new pistol......

Last edited by Stlbrian; 03-25-2013 at 13:06..
Stlbrian is offline   Reply With Quote