View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 21:28   #19
droidfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z71bill View Post
Think how much you would save if you kicked the 5,000 packs a day smoking habit.
It's only a little over 3 packs a day.

Not all smoking on burning through bics so quick, shame such a lighthearted comment led to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landmonster View Post
This is a false economy.

You'd save far more money by simply avoiding smoking. You'd save by not buying all the packs per day, plus save on future expected medical expenses and insurance increases from the smoking-habit.

Also, smoking has hidden costs, like reducing the value of your car/home/clothing, etc, due to them being penetrated with cigarette odors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
Not to mention all of the health cost savings as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G29Reload View Post
And savings on the cancer treatment.
... the anti-smoking fascist crowd rolling out the standard welcome wagon. At least someone brought some sense back:

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerford View Post
Some true, some not.

By continuing smoking, he will die younger, think of all the money saved on food, clothes, housing. If he does it right, there won't be medical costs. This will also reduce social security payments, so we all are better off. Also may not need to save for retiremnet at all.

One reason we have all of the social security and medicare future shortfalls, is because people are living healthier and smoking less, and living longer. When it went into effect average life expectancy for men was right at social security age or a bit less. For black men it was a lot less. I say, have them smoke more, drink more, and use dangerous drugs more. Instead of social security and medicare for those that can't afford to live past working age, we should go with an elderly Logan's Run type thing, you know like Obamacare.

Hat's off to you, sir.

I don't foresee living long enough to become a medical problem, but doctors have been wrong on that score before.

In any event, I have very good health insurance that I pay quite a bit for, and have since long before our current communist healthcare program.

The money i've put into it, and haven't had to use over all these years has been paying for those who don't. Peoples trying to guilt trip me over the healthcare angle by playing as a victim to my vices are laughable. Assumptions, they are the mother of special ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
How many fires are you starting per day, sparky?
Quite a few, and requires having a flame for a few minutes. Eats up bics quick, not so much with a zippo.
droidfire is offline   Reply With Quote