View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 16:46   #10
n2extrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockrod View Post
I made an order just before they took the website down, and I got it a week or more ago. I didnt mind the wait and am quite satisfied.
However, how can they possibly not be caught up with shipping what was ordered before taking the website down. It has been right at 7 weeks since the website went down with the same message that it will be 3 more weeks.
They have done a very poor job of communicating to their customers what the heck is going on and when to expect to be selling bullets again.
I can understand that they may have been concentrating on making bullets nonstop since Feb.1, but to shut out everyone is just strange.
It is not just MGB, but all(excepting only a few) reloading related businesses have just dropped the ball on on customer service. Sure I understand that stuff is not in stock regularly, but why make people wait 2 to 4+ months for stuff that was listed as in stock. Put the stuff in a box and get going. Work overtime. Hire temps. But fill your end of the deal!
Keep in mind that I am not really complaining, but more venting. I will have to give them a pass for not satisfying every possible thing.
I will be buying MGB bullets again. Hopefully very soon. I want to be the first to order a case of .223 fmjs. Hopefully they won't jack up the prices.
I wish them the best as I am sure they have worked harder over the last 3 months than since they started the company. If they cant make it in this market, they wont be able to make it at all.
I am little frustrated too as I have been waiting to place an order as well. I don't know how far they are behind and if they had a handle on how many orders VS stock were on hand. My guess is they did not. That could be part of the new order page so they can track inventory VS orders. So they stopped and said to them selves ok what could it take us 3-4 weeks to get caught up. Surprise it's worse then they thought.

Plus once you shut down and try to get caught up and maybe tie inventory to orders you need to pick a time to "turn it back on". This means having enough inventory to keep up and not have to shut down again. Try to balance this against not loosing customers and managing your overhead and income. Not something easy to do during the undertaking.

Temps look good on paper, but really it's not that simple. It costs to train someone. I would bet there are a handful of unemployed people who could walk in and start working there with minimal "this is how we do it here" type of training. So you loose a guy in production to teach someone a job for what maybe a short period of time. By the time they learn the job it could be layoff time. The next question is there "equipment" for them to use? It's doesn't make sense to have 2 operators for one machine and even if they order a second machine could they get it? Would they still need it when it gets there? Will it ever pay for its self? Will they still have an industry with all that is going on politically?

Not trying to defend them or anyone else out there, but we do need to consider a few thing when we think "what's taking so long"