Thread: 9mm Shield
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 21:49   #1
blastfact

9mm Shield

I went into a LGS today after leaving a job site today. I went in to pick up a set of .380 dies and 4 hole turret for my classic turret press. I had been loading my .380 ammo with a mix of dies and needed at the min the turret. They had what I needed at the same price as Midway and others less there over priced shipping.

Took a stroll buy the pistol counter and there was a wet out of the box Shield 9mm. This isn't a bucket list pistol. It's a hit list pistol and the only small 9mm that I want above my PF-9. I do like my PF-9. It's been a great pistol! Tag was turned upside down as was a always over priced Kahr.

The clerk pulled it out and flipped the price tag. $599.99 plus tax! I don't know what the clerk and owners son saw in me when I saw the price. But both of them put there hands on there side arms. As they addressed me by my Sir Name. I do tend to buy some reloading supply's from them. I've been known to buy 1k or better at a time of XTP's or Gold Dot bullets from them here and there. But $600.00 plus tax for a Shield! I guess something Evil came over my body to prompt them to put hand on there sidearms.

So I went back to work and shared this with my co-workers. Yes most of us shoot and we always have show and tell at work with new purchase's. Yes we can bring guns to work. Welcome to hard working small co. Oklahoma. The reddest of the red, redneck and proud of it states.

Bottom line I hit up some buddys with modern communication. Turns out this LGS had way more than one Shield 9mm in stock! Then we stung the greedy bastards. Three men at the counter talking millions with 100's in there hands and each with a Shield 9mm in there hand. I walk in and ask about the price ver. stock issue. All hell broke loose! Two weeks ago this LGS would only sell bullets one for one with primers. If you wanted 100 9mm XTP's or GD's or any of there other offerings. You had to buy the same amount of primers.

This would be a LGS known as DONGS. LMAO!!!!!!
blastfact is offline   Reply With Quote