View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 12:44   #18
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpshooter View Post
Wrong. I asked which was a better diet plan for losing 50 lbs.

I never asked for advice for a permanent eating program.

I want to loose this weight as quickly and safely as possible. I realize this weight loss phase is different than the later weight maintenance phase. Both Medifast and Nutrisystem have transitional phases to help learn how to eat healthier and maintain weight. I realize I will need to make big changes ompared to what I'm doing now, mostly portion control.

But for right now, I want to burn this weight off quickly. Not space it out over a year or more.

Tell you what: Send me $250 per month, eat whatever the F you want and in 18 months you will look exactly like you do now.

Those stupid systems DON'T TAKE WEIGHT OFF ANY FASTER (possibly slower) THAN DOING THE RIGHT THING DIETARILY!

I'll give you the $20 solution: Buy a book: Good Calories, Bad Calories by Taub(es?). You'll take the weight off just as fast, have 6 months to adjust to a new lifestyle (don't go cold turkey - change one or two things every couple of weeks), and have a life-long diet that will help you.

I have been down the "I think I need this to get where I need to go" times in my weight-gain/loss. They all failed. They are great marketing and zero else.

Heck - join Weight Watchers if that's what you want to do. And I DESPISE Weight Watchers.