View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 22:18   #11
Doughnutman_923

Send a message via Yahoo to Doughnutman_923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post
Guys, if you can dry fire the gun without pulling the sights off your target, all you have to do is do the same thing with ammo in the gun.....right?

Even if you can stand on your head and shoot the gun with your left foot, as long as the sights are aligned on the target and you squeeze/press/pull the trigger without moving the sights off the target, the shot will be good.

The hard part is getting the trigger to fire the gun without moving the gun. You can have the sights aligned on the target perfectly all day, but if you don't pull the trigger correctly (like you do when you dry fire), you miss.

Get some dummy rounds and do as I describe in my blog, they will let you see how you are pulling the trigger....something that you can't see when firing live ammo due to recoil and muzzle blast.
I have dry fired so much it's not funny. lol But I'm sure I have a self remedy for this problem! (practice more and focus on my fundamentals of marksmanship)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Believe it or not:
a. You are a new shooter. I've shot "thousands of rounds through Glocks" in under a week, when you've shot tens of thousands or hundreds of throusands abd spent lots of time in formal training, competition, etc., then start considering yourself experienced..

B. Practice does not make perfect - only perfect practice makes perfect. There are people I have shot and trained with who have been regular, enthusiastic shooters for 30 years or more...but they never learned the fundamentals really well, so they will never be able to shoot.

You need to work on grip and trigger control, correctly.
I understand exactly what you're saying, and after a minute of thought I realize I am quite the amateur considering how much time I don't spend shooting, I just need to get used to the Glock platform in a new caliber is all it boils down to!