View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 15:20   #11
Rooster Rugburn
Got Pignose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stock45 View Post
I always thought the sheepdog thing was cheesy, and wondered if the guys that posted about it had just finished a 3hr session of COD on the XBox.
The sheepdog thing isn't "cheesy", it's childish. It's desperately seeking admiration.

He is right about 'not knowing what is going on'. A mass shooting in a mall is one thing. Intervening in a situation in a parking lot at Wal Mart is another. As soon as a stranger steps in, it will turn out to be a domestic violence situation, which is hard enough on cops, and both parties will turn on the "Sheepdog".

In our HCP class, the example of stepping into a gunfight was demonstrated, and the results were that you don't know who is who, or what is what, and Bubba gets a new roommate. It's best to mind your own business.

I would try to act to stop an obvious abduction\kidnapping of a child or female, but I don't go out looking to be Matt Dillon. But hey, if others want to take the risks to try and be a hero, more power to them.

Ever notice that people who say "There is no I in TEAM" are the ones always riding your coattails?
Rooster Rugburn is offline   Reply With Quote