View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 20:32   #13
Gonetodarkside
owl protector

No I have not spoken with any of those people on the tv shows, but I have a litmus test for knowing if someone is bsing about seeing what I saw.

I will break the story down I guess for you guys.

I lived on a pretty large for east Texas ranch then, this happened about 10 years ago. Myself, and a friend were spotlighting for hogs and to be honest were looking for a large cat that we had seen before. We were riding in an old cj7 that would barely run, it had no doors and no top. I had my .30-06 and my friend had his AR with him, neither of us were drinking. We were traveling down a narrow trail through a particularly hairy bottom about 150 yards east of a large creek. The trail opened up to a fairly good sized opening, about 3 acres. The pasture was dotted with cedar trees. As we came into the clearing I caught motion out of the left corner of my left eye. I turned the spotlight to the motion and saw what looked like a giant broad shouldered dark man. He was walking parrallel to us and swinging his arms front to back. As the light shown on him, it turned to face us and stood with this spotlight directly in its face at less than 100 yards. Even with the light that close, most of what you could see is a dark sillouette of a giant man, with huge shoulders, and very wide eyes. I noticed that it didnt blink or shudder at the light in its eyes. When the creature stopped walking and stared at us, he was next to a large cedar tree. He appeared to be approx 3/4 of the height of the tree. I later determined the tree was better than 15 feet tall. We drove past in the jeep and neither of us said a word. After we passed it I turned off the light and looked at my friend. He asked me what the F was that and we turned the light back to it. It was down on all fours in a sprinter like stance looking like it was ready to chase us down. It was the most terrifying experience of both of our lives. We were well armed and terrified. We hauled butt. When we got to the next gate we were approx a half a mile from the sighting and my buddy ran to the gate to open it, almost acting desperately, but not without his AR and I had to scan the area with the spotlight the entire time.

A few days later I ran into the old man who lived on the southwest corner of the ranch. He had been there his entire life. I asked him if he had "ever seen anything funny out there?" His reply was, "was it about seven and a half feet tall?" He went on to explain that no one had seen them since he was a kid, but that people would often see them crossing the road in the river bottoms in 2 or 3 paces when he was a child.

A year later, a friend of mine married a girl whose father worked for the power company. There was a large power line easement on the northeast corner of the property. He asked me if I lived on the big ranch in winona, I said yes. He then told me he had seen a nine foot long black bear run across the highway approx 400 yards from where I saw the creature. Black bears do not have big wide broad shoulders. He had seen the same thing I had.

So, my litmus test is this. When someone says they saw bigfoot, if they describe overwhelming fear, the fealing of being a sheep looking at a lion, I listen. Otherwise they did not have the same experience myself and my friend did.
Gonetodarkside is offline   Reply With Quote