View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 23:21   #21
Nalapombu

WOWZA...that is a sweet finish there megawatt.

I have always wondered about the Vang Comp barrel work. I have read many reports from those that have had it done to their 870's mostly. Everyone seems to rave about the performance when they get it back.

The one I looked at and am interested in is exactly like the one in that link from Vang. The Vang 590A1 is about $250 more than the factory model in my local store. Do you all really think it's worth the extra money? That would buy a helluva lot of practice ammo that you could get really good with that 590A1 with. You could also just about pay for a weekend shotgun class if you chose to go that way. I would like to take one of those classes someday though. If for no other reason than it would be much more fun to get accustomed to your shotgun by firing and practicing at interesting targets and scenarios rather than go to your local range or piece of land, get out a couple boxes of Wally 100 round paks, set up a couple paper targets, some cinderblocks, 2 liter bottles, an old door or 2, some drywall and anything else you can rummage up and just start shooting for several hours.

Anyway, what's your verdict on the Vang Comp barrel work on the 590A1? Worth the extra or not?

Thanks for the info.

Nalajr