View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 21:32   #983
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
Again, making it in a lab doesn't really convince me of anything. Amino acids are a very far piece away from making life.

I really don't know what would be convincing. Both ID and Abiogenesis are wildly remote possibilities, with firm believers on both sides of the debate. I still have no problem deciding on what to have for lunch without solving that little dilemma on a daily basis.

I can comfortably live in the present without picking sides on that one.
You may minimize the evidence that I laid out in message 970, but it exists. You may focus on the gaps, but it is still a degree of evidence.

What, even modest, evidence is there on the side of Creation that puts it on even footing with science? It's a rhetorical question, so you don't need to bother dancing around it. I know there isn't any, but you adhere to your 50/50 position with ardor and faith. That's okay, I'm planning on Chipotle for lunch tomorrow, and it doesn't factor into the decision.

Of course, what does factor into the decision is whether I can get out of the hotel in the Kansas City area. At least God/religion warned us of the blizzards and snow storms.

Oh wait, once again that was science.

-ArtificialGrape