Thread: Middle Tn
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 15:57   #14
Akita
gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
Like I mention I transplanted from Ca 15 years or so back. Spend some time there and Memphis would seem like a Utopia.

I really love the little town we live in 50 miles south of nashville and we only go there if we can not find another way not to go. Id rather drive in LA during rush hour than a Nashville during the rushhour. Its really the worst traffic situation in the nation (nashville)
Gotta agree and disagree with you on traffic. I've driven LA and was pleasantly suprised by the 'competence' of most of the drivers. My wife's (now deceased) Alzheimer's mother drove better than almost everyone I ever met outside of CA. My wife is hand-down the best female driver I have ever ridden with-better than the great majority of men. I think its one of those Learn or Die things in CA.

But by far the worst traffic I have experienced on a regular basis is Houston. Birmingham, Ala is as intense, but Houston wins on duration. Took me 7 hours to get home 30 miles from Houston one day with nothing except a minor wreck 20 miles north of town. On a good day, you have to drive like you dont care if you die, or someone will take away the space you are occupying!
Akita is offline   Reply With Quote