View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 07:11   #4
Arc Angel
Deus Vult!

Dry firing is always good (as long as your technique is correct to begin with).

So you're a graduate student, huh. Good! That means you can, probably, read a book. (You certainly write well enough, though, only in the, 'modern style'.)

I'm going to suggest that you get yourself a set of D.R. Middlebrooks' 'Fist-Fire' DVD's. After more than 50 years of handling pistols (with some success) the, 'Fist-Fire' technique changed my life! I only wish I'd either invented, 'Fist-Fire' myself, or discovered this method a lot sooner in life than I did.

As I continue to age and my body continues to decline I've been (Happily!) able to maintain my pistol shooting ability by a judicious application of Middlebrook's shooting techniques - Techniques which I've, now, studied and practiced in meticulous and intimate detail. For a lot of subtle reasons, 'Fist-Fire' really works, and works very well!

My suggestion is for you to, at least, get the videos; very carefully study Middlebrook's, 'body language'; and apply these techniques to your own personal pistol-handling style. If pistol shooting is something you're really interested in, I think you'll end up wearing these videos out, AND become a much better, 'pistolero' than you, otherwise, might ever have been.

Whatever way you go, good luck to you! (And, you're going to need a larger size pistol.)

ADDED: Beanie-Bean is very correct!

WATCH YOUR TRIGGER FINGER DISCIPLINE; AND, ....... COMMIT JEFF COOPER'S, 'FOUR RULES OF GUN SAFETY' TO BOTH YOUR MEMORY AND BODY REFLEXES!

Here ya go: http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/blog.php?b=575

Last edited by Arc Angel; 02-25-2013 at 07:19..
Arc Angel is offline   Reply With Quote