View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 18:36   #23
GIG4FUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullClip View Post
Years ago, I was closing up the house before I went away for several months to work another project. Didn't want any punks to find my chainsaw as they could really wreck the place if they found it if somebody broke in. So I stuffed it somewhere. (Stihl FarmBoss, so no a small unit)

When I came home, I went looking for it.....couldn't remember where I put it. Not like anybody broke in, took just the saw, and tidied up afterwards......hmmmm

Took me about 10 years to stumble across it while I was re-doing some insulation in the basement to find it. I'd already bought a replacement. Had to clean the carburator, and a litle rust on the bar, but it fired up after that..

Drove me crazy, and I'd looked everywhere....or ALMOST everywhere that it could fit.

Ever hide something so good you can't find it later on??

My wife and I are laughing our buttttsss off something fierce!!!!! AND I MEAN it!
I have a lot of cool irreplacable things (her too at times BUT not like I do..) and we do this: we have learned to say "let's put it in a safe place" so it is there safe et cetera...

IT is gone forever and only to be found many years later after replacements and accusations!

Oh, this has been the case so many times for us.

We built a BIG new house in 1978 with lots land and outbuildings...and we are still in it - so you KNOW there's things here to be found "eventually!"

Great post and it lives here.
SArmory XDm.45compact - H&K .45c / NRA member
S&W & Browning & Ruger & Winchester & Remington
GIG4FUN is offline   Reply With Quote