View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 12:05   #255
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay1975 View Post
If you would have read (or comprehended) some of my earlier posts, I have said that I admire and respect the police.
But you are comfortable belittling them.
Quote:
I know that their job is thankless and stressful, but there is a world of difference between the military and the other citizens of the US.
Just as there is a difference between those in law enforcement and those who do not choose the profession.
Quote:
To ignore or belittle that difference is insulting and offensive to many of us in the military.
Sir, may I point out that no one in this thread has spoken one word that belittles the military. No one has insulted the military. That is all coming from you, your projections.
Quote:
You've worn both uniforms, but that fact seems to have escaped you.
I've worn the uniform of our Country, proudly. I have known and do know one hell of a lot of cops. Never, in 40+ years of working with LE, never ever have I heard one demean, belittle, insult, or degrade members of the military.

You have a myopic viewpoint where everything outside of the military is not anyway as important as you are.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921