View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 19:56   #205
GunHo198

Quote:
Originally Posted by txleapd View Post
Yes.

The SCOTUS came about when a family tried suing a police department after their daughter was murdered by her ex-husband, who she had a restraining order against. The contention was that they expected the police to protect her.

The ruling was that there is no Constitutional requirement for the police to protect a single individual over society as a whole, unless a previous special relationship exists. We serve the people, not a person.

The ruling was not the "cops get to thumb out noses at anyone who calls for help, and ignore them" that people like you make it out to be.

As a practical matter, we cannot be everywhere all the time, and protect everyone. So if something happens to you, you don't get to sue the cops, because we couldn't be there to stop it.

That's what the ruling was about.
Exactly!

And that's why We as civilians need these weapons. The same weapons that the LEO believe that they need for self defense. I have yet had an LEO show up at the same time I was being robbed. EVER. Seems the Victim is always there first. So why should the LEO have precedence over the people when it comes to the right of self defense?

Me personally, I prefer to shoot it out, and call the cops after to cover my but. (Been barked at by a female officer, because she said if I'm the victim, then why didn't I call the cops!?..) I'm getting old. I'm tired, and I'm cranky. If I get shot, I could use the rest...

Last edited by GunHo198; 02-19-2013 at 19:59..