View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 05:55   #27
plp

I've been to two here in Alabama in the past month, everything for the most part was overpriced compared to a year ago.

The belle of the ball for me was a Savage Mark II .22LR with threaded bull barrel for 269 out the door, have another thread about it here so won't get too carried away. After two trips to the range and the addition of a bipod it is just as accurate as my .17HMR at 100 yards, both rifles better than I am.

At the one in south Alabama, I got there an hour before the doors opened and was within the first 50 through the door. A dealer came with 25k in 9mm and was sold out in two hours. They had FMJ and JHP for 14.00 per 50 (reloads) and new casing for 16.00, limit 10 per customer. I got the last 350 rounds of FMJ reload.

I am embarrassed to admit I paid 60 each for two bricks of Remington Golden Bullet, seems to be the best ammo for my wife's Ruger SR-22. I have some other bricks with the price tag still on them, 19.95 two years ago.

There was one dealer selling 5.56 at $49 per 50 round box, am proud to say that afternoon they still had as much as they showed up with, not too many people falling for the hysteria.

I have to say, at both shows, while shoulder to shoulder these were the most polite and courteous folks you would ever want to see. At the one in north Alabama there were 4 protesters with signs, surrounded by probably 10 uniformed LE. Nobody gave them a second look, as they were relegated to a corner of the parking lot away from the front door. I only noticed them because they were close to where I parked when I brought out a few purchases to put in the truck.
plp is offline   Reply With Quote