View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 17:04   #19
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ 71 View Post
I guess you missed the part where they were exempt even while off duty. Cops have a crap job dealing with scumbags on a regular basis I get that. I also get its a really dangerous job. But that's what they signed up for. My cousin is a corrections officer. One of my best friends did undercover stuff. They should have the best equipment available. And then we have the local dept where the former chief just got paroled last December and his son an officer in another local dept is in jail for giving out info on a witness who then got his ass beat. Yeah I know there are good cops and bad cops good citizens and bad citizens but comments like you made make it real hard for us lowly ordinary folks to have much sympathy.
Do you not think that cops have to deal with the same idiots they arrest on duty while off duty? Do you not think they are at quite a bit more risk for retailiation from these guys? What about states/agencies that REQUIRE officers (by law or policy) to take action, even when "off duty", when certain actions occur in their presence?

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.