Thread: Safe question
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 22:47   #13
actionshooter10
CLM Number 19
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainview View Post
I appreciate all the replies! I think you all have helped me knock the Champion off my list. They seem like a nice safe, but their wall thickness and bolt size have turned me away.

70x40x30 is the size I'm looking at. I'm not sure I can afford (or fit) anything larger.

Would a safe with bolts on all 4 sides be worth an extra thousand than one with only 3? Does American Security or Fort Knox have the same ani-pry system as some of the Liberty safes?

Is there anything else I should be looking at to help with my decision?
You're not gonna pry open a Fort Knox safe with the corner bolts. Just not gonna happen.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fort Knox Door.jpg
Views:	639
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	231179

If you bolt it down, it's gonna take a diesel truck to move it and a torch to get it open.
"Firearms stand next in importance to the constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence from the hour the Pilgrims landed to the present day, events, occurences and tendencies prove that to ensure peace security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable the very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
George Washington
First President of the United States
actionshooter10 is offline   Reply With Quote