View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 14:31   #2021
plp

Colt Government Mark IV .380 is my all the time EDC, if I leave the house it is on my person. I intend to replace it with a Sig Sauer 238 at some point when the money is right, essentially a copy of the Mark IV.

Perversely, my favorite way to carry is with a Galco fanny pack, when outdoors in the woods it is protective of the weapon, easily accessible, and distributes the weight to the point I forget it is there. I am usually also wearing a tool belt on the opposite side so I'm more conscious of the tool belt than the carry rig.

I've tried 3 different Kel Tecs (too light and kicky to be accurate and frankly too problematic to trust to fire every time, while great for EDC just no good past 15') a Bersa Thunder .380 (GREAT range pistol, just a bit too big and heavy for EDC, really want to try out a 9mm Ultra), a Ruger LCP (while light and more accurate than the Kel Tecs, worse trigger ever) and an AMT Backup .380.

The AMT took a lot of polishing of the slides to get it to run reliably and have to use PennLube heavy grease as well. It was my EDC for the past few months, as the Colt has a lot of sentimental value as well as no small amount of actual value and I bought it so the Colt could stay in the safe.

What I finally decided was, for me, nothing compares to the Colt in terms of reliability, accuracy, and weight. Yeah, some are lighter, some are as accurate (Bersa) and some are as reliable (NOT Kel Tec) but today it is the total package.
plp is offline   Reply With Quote