View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 09:05   #143
MulletLoad

Most posters here are screwing themselves into the ceiling with a black/white position as to whether this was justified.

Based only on the information in the article, I don't think it's clear cut that many sober people would not have plowed into the back of that truck like the drunk. Were the boys and the father wearing black, pushing a dark colored truck on the road or the sideberm? Were the trucks lights off and the reflectors blocked by those pushing? Did the father know the guy was drunk or was it done in rage? Did the father suffer a blow from the impact and was his decision making affected. All of the above are reasons why we can't be doing crap like this in the heat of the moment. Now if the driver was a repeat offender, drove in the guys yard on a sunny day and killed his boys playing in a sandbox, I'd say hve a trial, convict and I wouldn't shed a tear or convict the father if he shot the driver walking out of the jail on the day on his release.

Anyone in the group please answer this: You get t-boned going through a green light at an intersection. One or more members of your family are seriously or fatally injured while you are unscathed. You see the driver that hit you slurring his words and moaning over his steering wheel, reeking of Vodka whose bottle remains you see shattered over the driver and the front seats.

Looking at your dead and injured family members in your car, do you guys feel you are justified to immediately shoot the driver the hit you?

Honest answers please.

Last edited by MulletLoad; 02-12-2013 at 09:10..
MulletLoad is offline   Reply With Quote