View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 21:41   #90
sputnik767

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redheadhunter21 View Post
From the sounds of it he was pretty close to home, why not push it down down the block to get it home. It's plenty safe if the other drivers are sober. Also underage drinker with double the legal limit in his system by the time he was tested. I'm sure it wasn't hard for the father to figure that one out, as the driver was probably .20 at time of accident.

Now could I convict the father, not sure I could depending on a couple more details not included in the story.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
I do not believe it is safe to push a disabled vehicle on a dark country road. Certainly not have your preteen sons do it. If you really want to, have one of them steer and you push. Maybe he would have seen the car coming and gotten the hell out of the way. I've driven plenty of twisty country roads, with speeds of 55+ mph. It may be impossible to stop in time even if you're sober. I've almost hit a deer that was stopped in the middle of my lane before, and I wasn't rounding a turn either. It can be hard to see in the dark. I'm splitting the blame here, more to the drunk of course, but the father is not blameless here either. I mean honestly, if I'm in the car with my GF and the car needs a push, guess who's going to go out there and do it. It sure as hell isn't going to be her. I also have an 11 year old brother, and he isn't going out there to push the car either. What the father did is negligent at the very least.

Maybe it was temporary insanity, but he has no legal protection for what he did. There is a very good chance that even if his charge is reduced or he walks, he's going to be paying for the rest of his life for the lawsuit that the drunken idiot's family is going to bring on.

Last edited by sputnik767; 02-11-2013 at 21:47..
sputnik767 is offline   Reply With Quote