View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 20:31   #83
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummer View Post
Given what we know from the brief article I'm not inclined to agree with the mob here. The man's truck broke down (possibly due to his negligence), so instead of calling a tow truck he has his son's push the truck along a county road late at night (almost midnight) in complete darkness (in a curve?) in an attempt to get it started. Someone comes down the road and collides with a disabled dark object. It could just as easily been your wife or child who hit the truck. An accident, but 'Mr. I can't get my truck started' decides to shoot victim #3 after he negligently put victims #1 & #2 at great risk, costing them their lives.

The intoxicated driver obviously has liability but I don't buy the concept that it's exclusive, or that it justifies murder.
I've push started many vehicles in less than ideal conditions. Having perpetual drunk drivers off the road makes for a safer environment to do so when necessary.

Because you know, sometimes cars break down despite our best efforts. Whenever someone winds up drunk behind the wheel their best efforts have nothing to do with it.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote