View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 21:15   #1
evilspringer

Buckeye Blast 2013

Well last year Johns meet and greet went so well that I decided to put one together for XDtalk very similar to the way John set his up. My event also went very well. There wasn't quite as many as people as the Glocktalk M&G but that was due to the 100 degree heat and there was a major storm that caused a major power outage in the area. There were still people without power the day of my event and many people still cleaning up debris.

Anyway the point of the meet and greet is really not about numbers, although the more the merrier, it is about fellowship for like minded folks.

I am once again holding my event but this time in May to avoid the heat . Hopefully it won't be raining but I do have enough tents to set up so that we will be out of the weather. The event is going to be held in Kingston Ohio on private property. I will not post the address here since it is a private residence. I know that it is longer trip for you northern folks but I had a few from Toledo last year and the are once again attending this year. They felt it was well worth the drive.

The event will start at 10 am May 19 and concluded around 4 pm. We will have a few competitions set up during the day, but it is mostly a laid back day to enjoy shooting the ***** and guns. We also will be shooting exploding targets during the day. There will be two areas set up for shooting. One for pistol and the other for long range shooting well only about 110 yds. for rifles.

Cost will be 20 per person. That will include lunch. I will have water and ice there but you may bring your own non-alcoholic beverage. The cost will also cover any incidentals that I purchase for the event and what is left over I donate to Bruce for the use of his property. I will have targets and stands for your use.

Another thing in the works is even though this is a Glock forum, I have an armorers course that is going to be held the day before (May 18) for XD. He will be covering the XD,XDM and XDS line. This will be approximately and 7-8 hour course and included snacks, lunch and drinks. Also you will keep the tool kit and extractor tool.

If there is anyone interested in this let me know. I am going to try and secure a hotel that will offer a discounted rate and if you are bringing your significant other, I will also have activities during the day they may participate in.

Sorry for the long winded post but I know I may not have covered everything in this post so feel free to PM me or email me at evilspringer@gmaildotcom

I hope to meet some of you from last year again and also any new people!!
evilspringer is offline   Reply With Quote