View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 10:58   #11
SpringerTGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorD View Post
they do have great service as everyone here states,and generally good to excellent quality products. however, if the guns were right to begin with you would not need CS.
SA is a glorified import house with product built overseas that charges prices comparable to those for American built products. All while putting out deceptive advertising that conceals the fact nothing they make is entirely American made.
If they said look at all our great quality Brazilian and Croatian made product I would be 100 % for them.
when they did things in the past like putting the imbel brazil stamp on the bottom of the dust cover of a 1911 where few will notice while marketing the "oldest name in American Firearms" they put a bad taste in my mouth.
My TGO1 was right to begin with. However, it had the same ambi safety issues every 1911 manufacturer (except Wilson) has. Being left handed, I needed a better safety. I contacted Springfield, they Fedex'd my TGO back, acquired a Bullet Proof safety from Wilson, and Fedex'd the TGO1 back to me.
The TGO1 is arguably the best 1911 in it's price range, and Springfield's service is second to none.

PM me if you want to know how Nighthawk handled the same issue.
SpringerTGO is offline   Reply With Quote