View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 08:00   #21
dosei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertuck View Post
Yesterday I had the privilege of training with a member of the State Police who is also a former Marine weapons instructor. He stressed something that made perfect sense, but something I have not practiced to this point. He said that we should choose ONE gun and holster combination (excluding a BUG) and devote the majority of our defensive training to that combination. He told us to "train as you fight and fight as you train!"

Although I agree with his philosophy, I have not practiced it in the past. In an effort to carry EVERY day in a well concealed manner, I have 3 or 4 weapons I use for EDC with a variety of holsters. I usually choose my gun and holster combination based largely upon my daily activities and clothing requirements. Most days I have to wear "business casual" clothing, but sometimes I wear a suit.

I would love to hear your thoughts and your practices on this matter. Thanks.
Since I do not feel I'm in a monetary position to be able to afford several handguns...I have always carried/trained/competed with the same handgun in the same holster carried in the same place/position. I have not had any problem finding ways to "dress around the gun" and still look perfectly proper for whatever the required dress code may be. I think too many people take the route of "gun around the dress"...and spend a LOT of money on guns & holsters...when for a LOT LESS money they could have simply bought an outfit that worked with the gun they already have. If/when I am able to afford owning several handguns, I fully intend on all of them having as much "platform commonality" as possible (most likely it will be several S&W M&P handguns).
"Know where the attack against you is likely to come, whether on the street or in court, and have a proven counter already in place" (Mas Ayoob)
dosei is offline   Reply With Quote