View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 21:40   #14
spcwes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertuck View Post
This is what I have been trying to do with a 19 and a 26, but not consistently. When the instructor talked about the loss of fine motor skills under stress, I begin to understand the need for consistency.
Maybe its because I have carried basically one of the same 4 weapon platforms most of my life but I have and carry Glocks, 1911s and Sigs and do well with all of them. I do tend to carry weapons consistent with the weapon choice of our department and try to stay fresh with them as I do feel it is important.

I carry a Glock 23 or 19 while off duty 99% of the time and most times I have a holster that will fit them for any and every occasion. I do carry the 27 when I have time to work the streets as a secondary and sometimes in plain cloths or at public events when in dress uniform. But the Glock 22 is primary duty weapon so it will be on me while on day to day duties.

That being said I have carried the above mentioned weapons and different points in my career and would do so again without issue. At one time or another a Glock 20 has graced my holster, Glock 21, Glock 35, Glock 31 and 32. All of which in my opinion would fit into the carry one "type" of weapon not so much the carry one weapon for all occasions.

I think mind set and training are above all other considerations and there is no such thing as an expert, just people who have more training than others.
"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American perception that each individual is accountable for his/her actions." -Ronald Reagan-

Last edited by spcwes; 02-10-2013 at 21:51..
spcwes is offline   Reply With Quote