View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 18:21   #107
klt1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancy View Post
New Jersey. I swear the only part of the state not built on a toxic waste site is the Pine Barrens. And if the prettiest part of the state is called the Pine Barrens, well, that says it all.

Texas is a close second. I moved there in '81, and will never forget how I was treated. I came out of my apartment a week after I got there and found all 4 tires slashed and a cinder block through the windshield, with Yankee Go Home spray painted on the side. The Lubbock cop who was called to the scene actually told me that as a Yankee I shouldn't be surprised, and if I were smart I probably shoud go back north. As soon as I opened my mouth, I got hassled in bars, gas stations, diners and supermarkets. It didn't matter where I went, some jerk would tell me all about how yankees weren't welcome. After my 2nd or 3rd asskicking I figured it was time to go, and will never go back. It was, without a doubt, the worst 3 months of my life.
I lived in Lubbock from 1987-1991 and loved it there. As a country boy, I really enjoyed the "big city" of Lubbock with all there was to do and the women were awesome, IMO. I missed my hunting and fishing and the flat land was boring but I had a good time there.

For me, NYC and New Jersey are depressing places.
Big Dawg #6874
Sub Club #2980
klt1986 is offline   Reply With Quote