View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 16:25   #191
dosei

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticshooter View Post
Hey guys. I'm an enthusiast of both pistols but thought I would ask the same question here as I did on the 1911 Forum.

Is Gaston Glock on the same level as John Browning? I understand John Browning's accomplishmets with his designs but I also understand Gaston Glocks with his. Browning's designs have been around for over 100 years but it looks like Gaston's designs may be the design of the future if it already isn't.. I'm not partial to either design because I own and enjoy them both. I'm just wondering if you think Gaston and Browning are on the same level and why?
The is only ONE feature of the Glock that was a new design innovation at the time...ONE. (Do you even know what it is/was?) Everything else of the design was nothing more than taking other proven design innovations (from firearms designers like JMB).

No, Gaston Glock is not and never ever will be even remotely close to the same level as John Browning.
"Know where the attack against you is likely to come, whether on the street or in court, and have a proven counter already in place" (Mas Ayoob)
dosei is offline   Reply With Quote