View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 11:03   #1
cfr

Does .40 cause flinching more than other calibers?

My Glock 22 was my first semi auto. I couldnt shoot it well for a long time, until I did the Snap Cap drill and realized I was flinching. Was able to overcome it with time.

Then I got more into shooting my PPQ 9MM and a Glock 26. I've always been able to shoot them pretty decent, life was good for about a year.

Then came the current ammo shortage. I found some .40, and naturally gravitated back to my 22. I went out both a few weeks ago and yesterday, and couldnt hit anything. I realized my flinch was now back with a vengance.

I dry fire, shoot a .22 caliber, and use Snaps Caps when needed. So I understand how to move past this issue. My problem here is I've already worked through this issue, then it came back.

So I need to ask: Does the .40 cause more flinching than other calibers? I'm looking to "blame" the caliber simply because I dont see anything else that would have changed. To be clear though, I know that I'm the problem, NOT the caliber.

It should be noted that due to finances and my life style, I can really only go shooting about once every three weeks, and shoot approximately 200 rounds. This isn't about to change anytime soon.

It should also be noted that Ive never conciously minded the "snappiness" of the .40, and have never considered myself a recoil sensistive person. However, if I need to go back up this learning curve every time I go back to the .40, thats a problem.

Thanks!
cfr is offline   Reply With Quote