View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 20:09   #9
pennlineman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69HEMI-R/T View Post
Looks like you had a great day at the shop. Awesome looking revolver. I have never fired a .454 Casull but hear it is a wonderful hunting cartridge. The biggest handgun caliber I have shot is a .44mag. but those things have a bark and bite to them in a snubby 629. I am sure the RSH in .454 Casull has an impressive "bang"!
Thanks! They do have some kick to them, not too bad though. I would say a short barrel .44 mag would be camparable to one of the longer barreled .454's. The Alaskan is comparable to a 8 3/8" S&W 500 mag in regards to recoil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Steve View Post
Always preferred the Super Blackhawks for the big boomers but congrats! That's sure to satisfy the big bore need.

I like those too. In fact the same store had a Super Blackhawk with a 10.5" barrel. Talk about a big ole hogleg. The only have a Blackhawk in .45 Colt/.45 ACP for now. I've been looking for a Bisley in either .44 magnum, .44 Spl or .45 Colt. Every time Berto posts a picture of his Bisley I just drool.

My job can be stressful at times. Nothing relieves that better than taking out a big gun.
pennlineman is offline   Reply With Quote