View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 19:52   #120
mongo356

Quote:
Originally Posted by method View Post
At this point it's willful ignorance, which is waaaayyy worse.

One needn't be a card carrying 1911 fanatic to realize, without thinking much, that Glock is nowhere near Browning's level as far as gun design is concerned. I actually prefer a Glock to a 1911, but really now.

Glock invented a pretty good service pistol that's been very popular over the last few decades. Browning provided the groundwork for damn near everything firearms related, save revolvers and bolt action rifles, that's come out in the last 125 years or so. Like someone already said, without Browning, there is no Glock.
I don't see this.

Glock designed a reliable, easy peasy firearm, bubbits or design team aside Glock has his name on the gun. Is Glock the greatest no, but he's probably copied as much as Browning. Is there any company left that's not trying to make a Glock like polymer/striker style gun?

Browning designed the locking system, ok that’s great. So did every bow Fred Bear make, was that a copy from the Native Indians after all they made one first?

China came up with gunpowder, so is every gun that uses gun powder a Chinese copy? Maybe the guy that first used a lead bullet everyone copies that too......

Browning’s designs were good. They were also specialized and somewhat difficult, they kept gun smiths in work for a lot of years. You could possibly rob parts from another gun and maybe it would work, maybe it would take some craftsmanship to fit the part to make it work reliably.

I tried to give Browning his due so some of you folks wouldn't get upset, apparently I gotta drink the entire Browning salmon juice and nothing else. Can we just agree to disagree?

I think I wrote several posts back that I don't know every Browning design like the back of my hand like some of you, but from some replies apparently you are not that familiar with the Glock design as well.
mongo356 is offline   Reply With Quote