Thread: Lone_Wolfe
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 03:32   #10069
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detectorist View Post
One of the sad realities of getting older ( and you are much younger than I), is losing friends. Unfortunately, most of my long time good friends don't live a healthy life and are dropping like flies.

I filled out a job app 2 weeks ago and couldn't think of 5 friends I've known for over 5 years.....sad.

Take care, get well.
I don't think I'm that much younger than you. But it does seem like my friends die far too young. Jeff was only 50.

Thank you, and good luck with the job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
LW if we look at just GT friends, life is taking its toll.

I pray that Silent_Runner benefits from our prayers.

You have survived and you have many gifts to share.

As far as the guns go...it's always a gamble in the current environment. MN has three days of gc legislature next week. President Obama is even paying us a visit.

Dango, I'm sorry to hear about your wife.
Yep, it sure is. Lately has been really bad in that area. Jeff, Chad Landry, others. I hope she benefits too, at least to ease pain and discomfort. I know I've been asking for prayers for her for well over a year now, and she needs them more than ever. She asked when she first got sick that I not tell anything on this forum, she has her own online friends that she told. On her home forum, I post under a different name, completely hiding who I am and anything about me. I'm only there as her friend, even less talkative to others than she's been here. Because of that, I understand why she's asked me not to spill any details, and I'll respect that forever. But I will ask for continued prayers for her.

Gifts? Maybe, I really don't see them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyover View Post
Ooooooooh! Shiny!! I don't normally have a lot of love for Smiths but Lone Wolfe thats one real nice looking Smith.

I hope that you are feeling much better. I say a prayer often for many folks here and on other forums that have health and other issues.
Thanks. And thank you for the prayers on behalf of all of us. : wavey:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
Here I've been checking to see if you responded to my post...and it isn't there!! I must have done something wrong when I posted it.

I'm praying for SR, Wolfe. I had no idea things were so serious. I appreciate her so much for all of her support of you through this.

You sound SO much better!! It is very encouraging to me. It gives me hope for the rest of us.

I say, keep your guns. Although, if you were going to sell them, this would be a good time to get top dollar for them. I agree, you have fantastic taste!!

Oh, and I wanted to tell you that you are still my hero in the way you handled the scary guy.

We love you, dear girl. I know, you already knew that...: )
Thank you for the prayers for both of us. I'm planning a trip up to see her soon. I'm trying to get flights between Drs appointments, that should be getting easier. I'm trying to get up there in the next couple weeks.

And thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmb19 View Post
Winter sucks. Here's an amaryllis. Flowers are pretty and make people happy.

I hope everyone is having a nice day! Well, as nice as possible.

Okie Memorial Area
That's so pretty, thank you! It looks a lot like the one I posted so many pics if in here a couple of years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post
Free niggles!

: hugs: : hearts: : kiss:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
: wavey:

What ya doing?
:wavey back! How you been?

I've been on a mental rollercoaster, as if that's anything new. I had a PET scan lest week, checking if the cancer had spread anywhere else. It hasn't, so my remission is official. That's a relief, I was a bit worried. I still have one surgery next month, a minor one compared to one in December. After that, it's getting checked every 3 months.

The downside is my insurance company seems to think I've been released to go back to work, and doesn't seem to care that my surgeon hasn't released me yet, so they're cutting my benefits. Another problem is that there's no openings with my employer for me to go back to. I need to try to stay employed by the same company if at all possible, because I'm uninsureable and will be for 5 years. And that's if I stay cancer-free. If it comes back I'll have even bigger problems.

I'm really hoping something works out, that's what's on my mind right now. That, and my chest making it's usual complaints and the nightmares....

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote