View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 20:39   #6
Patchman
Florist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiGregg View Post
If you can recommend a Nikon body under $1000 that isn't one of these 2, I am open to suggestions. Thanks.
The major difference between the 5200 and the 7000 is that the small bodied 5200 (and 3200, D40, D60) only take Nikon's current production AF-S lens (very expensive) which have the focus motor built into the lens. The medium bodied cameras (D80, D90, D7000, etc...) have the focus motor built into the body. This means they can also use previous generation auto focus lenses (usually available at a lower price, or used).

As for a third option Nikon body, have you considered a used D80 body? (KEH is good source). I just bought one a few months ago to replace the last D80 body ("stolen" by my daughter) and it went for something like $250. Even a used D90 or a D7000 is under $1000. Just note that the D80 does not do video. It was replaced by the D90 (does do video, everything else same) which is being replaced by the D7000 (video and (IIRC) new sensor).

Currently I've been looking at the Fuji X E1, and waiting for Zeiss to come out with a line of lenses.

And thank YOU for being perfect, all the time, every time. Go forth and reproduce. We need more of you.

Last edited by Patchman; 02-07-2013 at 21:22..
Patchman is offline   Reply With Quote