View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 09:15   #42
High Altitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildog2067 View Post
I don't doubt that your example is 100% true. I'm sure that you can point to a house, or houses, that "prove" your case.

But your statement:

is about averages, by definition. And like I said, this statement is demonstrably false when you look at California housing and incomes.

It's not "my" graph. It's a graph that was created by Los Angeles County. Last time I checked, Los Angeles was in Southern California.

Your issue is that you don't understand the difference between an anecdote and data. Yes, you have personal experience with a single data point. Yes, that can be emotionally powerful. But it doesn't--can't--tell the whole story, and the whole story is that on average, you are wrong. That's what the numbers say. No matter how much you want to believe differently, the numbers are what they are.
The graph shows Sacramento which is not in Socal. No where close to Los Angeles.

My example holds true for the entire coastal region of Southern California. It is not just one point or one house, which proves what I said, location matters.

Last edited by High Altitude; 02-07-2013 at 09:17..
High Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote