View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 20:08   #50
WiskyT
Malcontent

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2extrm View Post
Sound like he did the right thing by you. I think you will like it if you give it some time. But then again I am a 1911 guy, so I am biased.
I like it. It's just that for the last 25+ years I've been shooting DA with a big front sight. Now I have a front sight that is a little bigger than the GI sights and a SA trigger. Also, if I close my eyes, when I open them the gun is pointing high. So, the grip angle, sights, and trigger are totally different for me. I'm keeping them all on a piece of paper at 25 yards, it's just that in terms of group size, I do better with my G17 at this point or my GP100 shooting DA.

I figure once I get dialed in with it, I should be able to shoot the 1911 better due to it's better trigger. 500 rounds and a few weeks should take care of it.

I was surfing around for some sight ideas and it seems 1911 sights aren't a imple afair. Heinie and Novak require dovetailing. I'm going to search MGW as I saw one in a youtube video and it looks like they might make something that would work for me.

"If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting."-General Curtis E. LeMay
WiskyT is offline   Reply With Quote