View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 18:07   #1
Just_plinking

Face to face with evil... creepy stories

I really enjoyed that thread about "creepy things in the woods" or whatever it was, but it died a long time ago so...

I wanted to make a thread about creepy evil things that you have encountered personally (more creepy woods stories fit the bill also) that make your hair stand on end, material or not.

I had one.

I was about 9 or so. My dad went into walmart and left me and and my brother in the truck (he was about 5). Some guy came up to my window, and started asking me about the trim on the tailgate (our truck was a '90 ranger lariat, with factory trim). He was saying He had a ranger, and wanted to get "that tailgate cover" on his truck, and would I please come out and show it to him.

My "this ain't right" meter went off, so I stayed in the truck and told him my dad would be back, and he could tell him about it. The guy just kept trying to coax me out of the truck, then eventually left.

When my dad got back, I told him what happened, but he dismissed it, and we went on our way. I wish I was more mature at the time because I now know that he was a child molester, and was trying to abduct me at the time. I feel bad, because If i'd known better, we could have alerted the cops, and tried to stop him. But I was a naive kid, and didn't really understand.

I have no doubt that if I got out of that truck, i'd probably have ended up dead. I'm glad I listened to my gut.

I'm pretty sure I was face to face with evil that night, anyone else got a similar story?