View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 18:37   #49
OfficerSurvival

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post
Yeah; I wear 5.11 Taclites most of the time. They have cargo pockets, but they're not all that large. Plus, I'd rather have it on my belt, where I always have it when I have a weapon at work, rather than something I can forget to throw in my pocket. Plus, my cargo pockets are already fairly full with my day to day stuff (planner (has our offense codes in it), notebook, gloves, trash bags for shaking down, etc).
The great challenge in the gun belt carried kit is real estate. We've found it's really tough to put enough stuff in it to be effective (i.e. not wasting your money), but keeping it small enough that it doesn't eat what little space most guys have on their belts. This is one of the reasons I'm heartened to see more and more external carriers become the norm. Most of our trauma gear is flat-packed. Great for a vest mounted IFAK or cargo pocket. Lame for belt mount.

Unfortunately, a lot of our less scrupulous competition doesn't really care if it works or not, living by the principle of "I don't care what you buy, as long as you buy it from me". We've built our business instead on the concept of "If we wouldn't carry it, we won't sell it". I'm not saying we're the only makers/dealers of decent gear, just be careful who you shop from.

Finally, I'd be happy to try to put something together for any of you guys that meets your needs. Just PM me or email me at [email]jake@officersurvival.org[/email].

//Jake

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
OfficerSurvival is offline   Reply With Quote