View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 18:29   #46
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydl View Post
I honestly never thought of the kit being used on ME, but rather having it to use on someone else who was wounded. Unless we (fellow officers) all have one and carry it in the same exact place, how would my coworkers know where to look for it? Or even know that I have one?

Interested in how you guys do it that already have these.
I guess I kinda default back to how the military does it, as that's where most of my medical training has come from: Your IFAK is for YOU; you treat casualties with THEIR IFAK and an aid bag. That's what I think of with this: if I'm hurt, this is something I can use to do self-aid and get back in the fight, or at least keep myself from bleeding out until I can get help. With my position, I can't see us being sent to assist on a mass shooting or something. For a mass-casualty scenario inside the fence, we have dedicated mass-casualty aid kits staged at various places around the joint.

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote