View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 08:41   #11
itisbruno
CLM Number 103
Devious Member

Thanks everybodies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetflier1989 View Post
Hey Bruno, I noticed your gun has allen screws on the grips.. My WG P228 has flat-head screws. What's the difference, if any, on the models?

You are more detail oriented than I, as I didn't even catch that. So this is a "modified," not stock P228.

The only thing I can think of is at some point in time, the original grip was swapped with a Hogue and then put back on.

Or, according to this SITE:

Quote:
Some details that need attention are the soft metal used in the grip screws, and the tendency for these screws to come loose if not extremely well-tightened. Fixes to these shortcomings are: use an exact-fit screwdriver when loosening or tightening the screws, replace the grip screws with hexhead grip bolts or use a Hogue or Pachmayer slip-on grip to secure the grip panels.
That is just a WAG on my part tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy View Post
Nice find! I found the P226 to be a more accurate shooter though for me.
I have a Mecgar 15 rd mag and Hogue grip id sell If your interested let me know.
I'm fixin to go work dogs, but will shoot you a PM tonight, thanks Scrappy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by got2hav1 View Post
Looks great, congrats on a great find. " You called the guy and bought it" You mean you made a deal over the phone on a auction? Or did you mean you called and asked some questions? Then won the auction.
He included his phone number in the auction, so yea, I rang him up to ask questions, chatted a bit, and bought it now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
daily to give food for animals in a shelter or sanctuary...for FREE
itisbruno is offline   Reply With Quote